Littleport School 1847-1987


A brief history of the education of Littleport.

SKU: littleport-school Category: Tags: , , ,


This book is a brief history of the schools of Littleport, Cambridgeshire, compiled by Maureen Fresco, S. M. Rich, and Maureen Scott.

The book details the lack of education in Littleport that led to the need for a school, and the introduction of the Boys, Girls, and Infants schools on Wisbech Road. Also included are the Dame Schools, the mixed Primary School, the Medway School, the Martin School (later the Littleport Community School).

Included are memories of the influx of evacuees to the school during World War Two, as well as recollections from former Littleport residents; Irene Bent, Jack Lee, and Pat Hobs.

This short book is a thoroughly good education in itself.

Additional information

Weight 0.025 kg
Dimensions 21.0 × 14.8 × 0.2 cm

Maureen Fresco, Maureen Scott, S. M. Rich



Number of pages

10 pages

Publication Date



The Littleport Society