Clock mechanism

Religion at Littleport ➔ St. George's Church clock mechanism from 1744


1x clock mechanism by John Stokes Clock Maker, formerly installed within St. George's Church, Littleport, bearing two brass plaques; one bearing its installation date of December 1744 and naming Reverend George Peacock, and church wardens John Barber and Daniel Clarke. The other marking the mechanism's conversion to work for 8 days by James Dann Clock Maker of Wisbech in December 1878, and bearing the names of Reverend William Bonner Hopkins, and William Luddington and William Cutlack churchwardens
Item Date:
1744;Date accepted
Unidentified metals, and brass plaques.